Monday, September 20, 2010

D.O.F

Sister and I had quite the dof on saturday. For those of you who don't understand the lingo, it's Day Of Fun. We started our dof with a light workout at lifetime. Oh, and by light I mean we did squats and lunges for 45 minutes. When we weren't squatting, we were jumping. Needless to say, we both couldn't move Sunday morning. After our workout, we grabbed a quick lunch at Panera. MMMMM Panera (catch the sarcasm). We then quickly showered and then headed off to the greatest, most awesome pedicure EVER. I highly, HIGHLY recommend the place. It's called perfect polish, right off 110 in Mendota Heights.  We then quickly rushed off to meet mama to go see the worst movie ever. Ok, I take that back. Sex & the City 2 was worse...but not by much. The dreaded film was "eat pray love". Now, gotta love Julia Roberts...but cmon. Listening to her "journey" through India...SNOOZE. It was about an hour too long. But, the scenery in the movie was beautiful, and it really made me crave pasta. Plus, Javier Bardeem...he's easy on the eyes.  Once the movie FINALLY ended, we met up with father to grab some dinner. Due to the love pasta shown during the movie, we all were wanting Italian. However,
at 7pm on a Saturday, you can't immediately get in to a restaraunt...who knew? We tried 3 that politely said, "we're filled for the entire night". So, we thought, why not Olive Garden? It had been a family favorite from when we were younger. So, we made the trek back out to Woodbury to meet at the OG. Well, Katie and I had called on the way to see how long a wait would be...35 minutes. Well, we thought, its Saturday and we have to wait for dad...if we went anywhere else, it'd be just as long. During the short 5 minute drive to the restaurant, the wait time went from 35 minutes to 65. Well, we instantly put the kabosh on that. Especially when we heard a family say, at 7:20, "when are we going to be seated??? we've been here since 5:45!!" On that note, we headed to Axel's, where we were seated immediately--nothing better. 
Then, the ultimte thing happened. In exchange for 3 pages of scrapping (Twins scrapbook), Katie has finally agreed to watch ALL SIX HARRY POTTER MOVIES!!!!!!! I don't think that I could be more excited for this. Since the first movie came out, in 2001--yes I was 7th grade, I have been trying to convice her to read the books, or at least watch the movies. And finally, my friends, that day has come. Katie "wanted" to watch them all so she could watch the 7th in theater. Which, from the preview, looks AWESOME. We have watched the first one, which we all know holds nothing to the ones to follow. I am beyond excited for her. I hope that she loves them as much as I do...although, I doubt anyone could. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC2tmFVNNE

No comments:

Post a Comment