Thursday, November 18, 2010

it opens at the close

So, the day I have anticipated since I was young, is finally here. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollow (book 7) will be released at midnight. I have waited for this moment since I was little...let's be fair--I became a fan at the ripe age of 10. Yes, that's right, 10. The book was first released in 1997--that's 13 years ago! I remember talking to my mom saying, "oh my gosh, I'm gonna be like...23 when the last movie comes out! And I'm still gonna go see it at midnight!" And, like a good girl always does, I've stayed true to my promise. 
I know many call me a dork for my love and excitement over Harry Potter (and ridiculous amount of knowledge and usage of terms), but I don't care. Harry Potter will always hold a special little place in my heart because it reminds be of having a wonderful time growingup.  It mostly reminds me of my club soccer team and all the friends I made while playingwith them. Coinincidently enough, we all shared the love for HP and it really became a strong bond between us all! We'd have sleep overs and enjoy HP marathons, go to the book openings and movie premiers together, and even enjoy HP at the drive-in. 
One of my favorite--and probably dorkiest moments--of HP is when the 7th book got released. I, of course, pre-ordered it and got it delievered to my house. It was summer, and YES I was in college. But I got a phone call around 9 am from Katie Kobayashi screaming, "My mailman came, I GOT MY BOOK!" and just as she called I looked outside and saw my mailman. I ran outside and greeted him at the mailbox. He laughed and said, "surprisingly, you're like the 10th person to be waiting at their mailbox for this book." So Katie and I spent the rest of the day laying out at the pool, reading as fast as we could. "Hey, what page are you on?? Wait til you get 232, you're gonna die!"
And that, my friends, is just a few reasons, why I LOVE HP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment